Veröffentlicht 5. Januar 2005 | Von Nokia Presse
Messaging made easier with the new Nokia 6822 phone
Latest generation Nokia messaging device adds new features and functionality to an already popular design
NEW YORK - Nokia (NYSE:NOK) today announced the latest addition to its successful line of messaging devices with the introduction of the Nokia 6822. Like its predecessors in Nokia’s messaging portfolio, which have been hailed for combining excellent voice features with easy thumb typing on a full keyboard, the new Nokia 6822 has a unique design that opens into a full messaging keyboard for richer messaging and documentation. The new model also has an advanced VGA camera, and 65K color display.
The compact messaging device supports a wide range of e-mail and instant messaging solutions, easy-to-use Personal Information Management (PIM) capabilities and wireless data synchronization. The company plans to make the Nokia 6822 available in the first quarter of 2005 in EMEA and the Americas.
Users of the Nokia 6822 benefit from carrying a single device that is versatile enough for both personal and business use. The compact device supports multiple email accounts and calendars and can be synchronized from device to PC with a few steps. Configuration is easy for email, messaging or Internet browsing via over-the-air settings available from most network operators. The phone also includes pre-installed mobile applications for private and business use.
“People love the full-keyboard design and functionality of our messaging devices,” said Niklas Savander, senior vice president of Nokia’s business device unit. “To date, more than two million people have adopted this popular format. As mobile instant messaging is gaining popularity worldwide as a quick and efficient conversation tool, and we expect demand for these devices to increase. The Nokia 6822 is a great phone and a great device for messaging at work and at play.”
“Mobile messaging and push email continue to represent applications that will provide the greatest purpose and value for a growing class of mobile users,” said Andrew Brown, Program Manager for European Mobile Devices at IDC. “The Nokia 6822 represents a continuation of Nokia’s line of highly innovative flip open full-messaging keyboard devices, that will serve a user’s needs for both personal and corporate email as well as offering the latest in mobile phone technology.”
Key features include:
- Easy-to-use design tailored for effective messaging in personal and business environments
- A tri-band world phone operating in GSM/GPRS/EGPRS networks
- A variety of email solutions with support for IMAP4, POP3 SMTP and SyncML and support for BlackBerry Connect*
- Instant messaging
- Five party conference calling with integrated speakerphone and voice commands
- Integrated VGA camera that supports video and use in ‘night mode’
- High speed xHTML Internet browsing with SSL/TLS security
- Remote and local synchronization of calendar, contacts, notes and to-do list with a compatible PC using Bluetooth connectivity, infrared or data cable
- Bluetooth technology enables use of wireless enhancements like car kits and headsets
For further information on features and availability, please visit http://www.nokia.com/Nokia6822. For information on pricing, please contact your local Nokia representative. A complete list of enhancements with Bluetooth technology for the Nokia 6822 is also available at www.nokia.com/Nokia6822.
*Operation and some features such as BlackBerry** Connect are SIM card and/or network dependent.
See service provider for details.
Nokia is a world leader in mobile communications, driving the growth and sustainability of the broader mobility industry. Nokia connects people to each other and the information that matters to them with easy-to-use and innovative products like mobile phones, devices and solutions for imaging, games, media and businesses. Nokia provides equipment, solutions and services for network operators and corporations. www.nokia.com.
© 2005 Nokia. All rights reserved. Nokia and Nokia 6822 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Nokia Corporation.
Tel. +1 972 894 4573
Tel. +1 972 894 4573
Nokia (Europe, Middle East & Africa)
Enterprise Solutions, Communications
Tel. +358 7180 34900
Nokia (Asia Pacific)
Azwar Ghazali, Ogilvy Public Relations for Nokia Enterprise Solutions
Tel: + 852 28848563
** BlackBerry is a trademark of Research In Motion Limited.
Note to Editors:
- Nokia 6822 supports Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) Client Provisioning 1.1 for easy over-the-air provisioning of different service settings, e.g. browser settings and bookmarks, MMS settings, data synchronization settings, instant messaging and presence settings, and email settings.
A complete list of Nokia 6822 features and technical specifications can be found at www.nokia.com/Nokia6822.
Photos of the Nokia 6822 can be found at www.nokia.com/press
Die neuesten Pressemitteilungen
- 14. Mai 2013 - Nokia präsentiert das Nokia Lumia 925
- 09. Mai 2013 - Nokia Asha Plattform erschließt neue Möglichkeiten für Entwickler bei Smartphones unter 100 USD
- 09. Mai 2013 - Nokia präsentiert das Nokia Asha 501